Friday, December 6, 2013

Not quite a twin

My older brother and I were born 16 months apart. Since I've been able to walk we've had people assuming we are twins. I feel like I got the best of both worlds. My big bro and I are super close. We have the twin bond. We can always tell what the other one is feeling. He calls me out of the blue almost every time I'm having a horrible day. However a lot of twins are polar opposites where as my brother and I are both super social. We are both content to sit and read for hours or play video games. We are just enough alike to get along. There are ways that we are opposites. I am not a fan of bars but he works at one and loves it. I am a bit more O.C.D. then he is. I show my stress like a little chihuahua where as he tends to silently stew when he gets stressed out.

 I always have people who have young kids close in age ask me if my brother and I are close and if I think it has anything to do with our being just over a year apart in age. I 100% think that we are closer because we grew up as each others first best friends. I think it's possible to be super close even with more of an age difference (my baby brother and I are very close as well) I think being close in age can make it easier to relate to one another. But all in all I think we are all super close because we make a real true effort to be not just siblings but friends. I wish everyone could have that. I adore my brothers. Twinsy and Baby bro. I can't imagine my life without either of them and I'm glad I don't have too!

No comments:

Post a Comment